Patrons with PINES library card accounts in good standing are eligible to check-out books, movies, and other items.
The check out period for all circulating non-reference materials is as follows:
|Audio Books (CD or Cassette)||14 Days|
|Best Sellers and New Books*||14 Days|
|Other Circulating Books||14 Days|
|PINES Interlibrary Loan||14 Days|
|Non-PINES Interlibrary Loan||Variable|
|* Indicates these items may not be renewed|
If you reach the maximum number of renewals, you must turn the library book in and then wait until the next day to check the book out again.
Reference materials (marked with an “R” on the spine before the Call Number), cannot be checked out.
How to Renew Your Books
You can renew your books from home at any time. Most items can be renewed twice, but some items have stricter limitations.
- Click on My Library Account on the bottom of the Clayton County Library System pages (or, you can go to the PINES Catalog and click on My Account).
- Enter your library card number (the 14-digit code found on your library card – do not enter spaces).
- Enter your password (if you do not know your password, please stop in at one of our branches with your card and your photo ID and we will reset it for you – you can change that password once you log in).
Troubleshooting: If your computer pops up a message asking if you wish to view ALL of the content on the page, regardless of whether or not it is securely transmitted, choose Yes.
- Once you are logged in, click on the Items Checked Out tab.
- Check the boxes next to the items you wish to renew and then press the Renew Selected Items button.
Once you are logged in, you can also place books on hold, check to see if any of your holds have arrived, and see if you owe any fines.
If you are unable to renew your books online, you may call us or come in to one of our branches, and we will renew them for you.
If you are not finished with a book and have reached the maximum number of renewals, you must turn the book in and wait a full day before checking it out again.