Use these resources for health research and to learn more about staying healthy.
- CDC Health Literacy – Provides information and tools to improve health literacy and public health from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Georgia Department of Public Health – The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) is the lead agency in preventing disease, injury and disability; promoting health and well-being; and preparing for and responding to disasters from a health perspective.
- Harvard School for Public Health – This site is designed for professionals in health and education who are interested in health literacy.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine – The mission of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) is to advance the progress of medicine and improve the public health by providing all U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information and improving the public’s access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health. The Program is coordinated by the National Library of Medicine and carried out through a nationwide network of health science libraries and information centers.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine – Government website providing access to a wide range of health-related resources.
- Quick Guide to Health Literacy – The Quick Guide to Health Literacy is for government employees, grantees and contractors, and community partners working in healthcare and public health fields.