Next to physical health, financial health is the most important aspect of one’s life. Take advantage of these resources to learn more about financial literacy.
- SmartAboutMoney.org – National Endowment for Financial Education personal finance education site
- Benefits.gov (Georgia) – Overview of federal benefits available in the state of Georgia.
- mymoney.gov – Federal site offering advice on budgeting, saving, home ownership, and more
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy – Financial advice organized by life stages
- Budget Worksheets – Printable budget worksheets for households, vacation, retirement, and more
- Free Credit Report – Get a free annual credit report
- Federal Trade Commission – Consumer information about credit
- AARP – Financial information for seniors
- Military Families – Financial information for military families from FINRA
- www.fdic.govFind out how FDIC deposit insurance works and determine if your savings and investments are insured. Learn about Consumer Protection including credit and debit card issues.
- www.fdic.gov/edie/index.htmlCalculate your FDIC insurance coverage
- www.bankrate.comCompare interest rates for checking, savings accounts, prepaid cards, credit cards, secured credit cards and other loans. Calculate your estimated payments.
- www.interest.comCompare interest rates on CD savings, auto loans, and credit cards and more. Calculate your estimated payments
- www.foxway.comFree budget planning worksheets
- www.creditcardguide.comCompare credit card offers and costs. Helps you to find the “best” credit card for you
- www.calculatorweb.com/Determine credit card payment schedules
- http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/moneymatters/credit-cards.shtmlHelpful information about credit cards and debt as well as credit card scams and how to avoid them.
- http://www.usdirectexpress.com/edcfdtclient/index.htmlA Prepaid Debit Card for Social Security Recipients who do not have bank accounts. A safe, easy way for them to access payments.
Provides a basic guide to navigating the credit card process.
A consumers guide to credit reports and credit scores, a credit card repayment calculator and more.
- http://www.helpwithmybank.gov/Answers and solutions for most banking and credit card issues.
- mint.com – manage your banking, spending, and saving from one site.
- America Saves – Saving tips and links to help you save for cars, homes, emergencies, and more
- Feed The Pig – Saving tips, resources, articles, and podcasts relating to personal finance
- FINRA Foundation – Step-by-step guides to investing
- FINRA – Investment calculators, market data, and investor education
- Financial Literacy for Teens – Links regarding financial decision making, resume development, money management, saving, investing, etc.
- Clearpoint Credit Counseling Solutions (formerly Credability) – Budget, credit, and debt counseling service