The Clayton County Library System is hosted its 2nd Indie Author Day on Saturday, October 14, 2017. The day itself was founded just last year as a way to highlight independent authors throughout the world.
This year’s Indie Author Day will featured an Author’s Pavilion where attendees met authors, purchased books and had them signed by the author! There were also informative breakout sessions and a keynote reception that culminated the literary event.
Watch Breakout Sessions Below
Picking the Path: Traditional vs. Indie Publishing Panel Discussion
Imagine That!: Illustrating and Writing Books for Children and Teens
Books and Branding: Finding Success with Digital and Print Marketing Techniques
Indie Author Day Keynote Reception with Author Kenni York
Author, motivational speaker and philanthropist Kenni York published her first book, Ask No Questions (PublishAmerica) in 2008. In 2012, she released The Girls (Urban Books), her most noted and popular book to date. She has been recognized by a host of organizations for her commitment to community works .
York is also branching out beyond the pages and philanthropic work. Her novel, At Least I Didn’t Kill Him, has been adapted into a feature length film and is set to premiere on September 7, 2017. Watch the trailer below.
- AnaGia Wright
- Annie Miles
- Bonnie Stinson (Panelist)
- Carla Dennis
- Chastity Thomason
- Chicki Brown
- Cynthia James
- Diane C. Givens
- Faith Underwood
- Frank Leslie Bond (Panelist)
- Jessica Hosten
- Kerry Alan Denney
- Michelle Kee
- Michelle Ramsey
- M.J. Kane
- Morgan Young (Panelist)
- Nandita Godbole
- Nwankwo Mishad
- Patricia and Chuck Cruzan
- Patricia Goins
- Schertevear Q. Watkins
- Sherelyn Duhart
- Steven C. Thedford
- TeMika Grooms (Panelist)
- Vern Smith
- Violette Meier
- and more…
Bring a bag! We will have many, many authors with books ready to sell, so bring a bag…or two, to carry your haul home in.
The event will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. The Keynote reception will begin at 2:00 p.m. Attendees who attended the full day’s event will receive priority admission to the keynote reception.
If you’re a social media user, tweet the library at @claytongalib and use the hashtags #indieauthordayccls and #claytonstrong.
Dr. Gwen Wiggins served as the Director of Workforce Consulting Services for the State of Georgia where she managed enterprise Workforce and Succession Planning initiatives for more than 100,000 employees in over 80 agencies and served on the state’s enterprise Strategic Planning team for several years. She is a former instructor for the Forbes School of Business at Ashford University, has served as a guest lecturer at Emory University on the subject of Emotional Intelligence, and serves as the Atlanta Chair of the Society of Emotional Intelligence. Dr. Wiggins also serves on the Board of Trustees for the Clayton County Library System.
Interested in being part of our Author’s Pavilion?
Tables are just $20 and include one 6ft merchandising table and two chairs. You must bring your own cover and table decor.
Download, print and fill out the form below and return it, along with your $20 cash payment to the Headquarters Library, located at 865 Battle Creek Rd, Jonesboro, Ga 30236. If mailing form, address your envelope to the attention of Breneidra Lofton using the address above.
If your are delivering your form in person, at the front desk you may ask for Breneidra Lofton, Jennifer Mitchell or Marquita Gooch. Once your application has been processed, a confirmation email will be sent which includes a copy of your submitted application and table number.
Application Submissions Have Ended
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How much are author/vendor tables?
- Author tables are just $20. Tables are 6ft and come with 2 chairs.
- Do I need to bring a table cover/decorations?
- Yes! Bring any and everything you want to decorate your tables. In the event you forget your table cover, we will have standard plastic covers available to purchase.
- What time do I have to be at the library to set up my table?
- Set-up begins at 8:30am.
- I reserved a table but am unable to attend. Can I get a refund?
- All table sales are final. No exceptions.
- I did not purchase a table. Can I still promote and sell my book(s)?
- No. Only authors that purchased a table and received a confirmation number are allowed to sell and promote their books.
- Will author’s accept credit/debit card payments?
- Some author’s may be able to accept digital payments, but we strongly suggest you bring cash to this event.