Clayton County Library Board of Trustees
The Library Board of Trustees consists of 11 members appointed by the Clayton County Commissioners. The Library Board is a legal entity that has the authority to make policy and govern the affairs of the Library.
What the Library Board does:
- sets policy for the Library
- defines the purpose and direction of the Library
- demonstrates accountability to the community
- advocates on behalf of the Library to ensure acquisition, development, and sustainability of resources and services
The Library Board meets on the second Tuesday of every other month at 5:00 p.m. Below is the meeting schedule for 2015:
- Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
To confirm the date, time, and location of a particular meeting, please contact the Headquarters Library at 770-473-3850.
All board meetings are open to the public.
- Ms. Brenda Morant, Chair
- Mr. Daniel L. Small , Vice Chairman
- Ms. LaShonda R. Dillard, Secretary
- Ms. Pamela Lake, Treasurer
- Ms. Patricia Shepherd
- Ms. Tonya L. Clements
- Mr. Charlton Bivins
- Ms. Sherry Hamilton
- Mr. Bernell Wesley
- Ms. Brenda Rayburn