Clayton County Library Board of Trustees
The Library Board of Trustees consists of 11 members appointed by the Clayton County Commissioners. The Library Board is a legal entity that has the authority to make policy and govern the affairs of the Library.
What the Library Board does:
- sets policy for the Library
- defines the purpose and direction of the Library
- demonstrates accountability to the community
- hires and evaluates the Director, to whom it delegates authority for the day-to-day operations of the Library
The Board meets quarterly on the second Tuesday of January, April, July and October at 2pm. To confirm the date, time, and location of a particular meeting, please contact the Headquarters Library at 770-473-3850.
All board meetings are open to the public.
- Ms. Brenda Morant, Chair (Term expires 06/30/2016)
- Mr. Daniel L. Small, Vice Chair (Term expires 10/02/2015)
- Ms. LaShonda R. Dillard, Secretary (Term expires 02/01/2016)
- Ms. Pamela Lake, Treasurer (Term expires 06/30/2014)
- Mrs. Patricia Shepherd (Term expires 06/30/2016)
- Ms. Tonya L. Clements (Term expires 07/31/2015)
- Ms. Jeanell Bridges (Term expires 06/30/2016)
- Ms. Arlene Webster
- Mrs. Sherry Hamilton
- Mrs. Gwendolyn McQueen (Term expires 06/30/2015)
- Mr. Bernell Wesley