Since 1984, the Friends of the Clayton County Library have provided books, programs and equipment to enhance the services available through our library system. We are an organization of caring, involved volunteers who believe that an excellent public library makes an important contribution to the vitality of our community. We advocate for literacy and for the role the library plays in providing literacy-related services to our county.
How can you help?
- Donate gently used books, magazines and audio books for our quarterly book sale
- Make a tax deductible contribution in honor or memory of a loved one or teacher
- Shop at our quarterly book sales to take advantage of the great prices and selection
- Become a Friends of the Library volunteer!
Your time and talents are always needed and appreciated! We welcome your ideas and energy to help us further the mission of Friends of the Library. Whether you can volunteer for an hour a week or an hour a month or just an occasional hour, there is a place for you! For more information, contact Brenda Rayburn at email@example.com or 770-235-7100.
Below are just a few examples of how you can get involved:
- Program Committee – assist with ideas and event planning for quarterly meetings
- Hospitality Committee – assist with registering members and guests at events; set up and manage refreshments
- Communications – distribute monthly newsletters, flyers and emails to notify members and public of upcoming events; make phone calls to members who do not have email
- Marketing and Publicity – prepare press articles; assist with newsletter; identify opportunities to advocate for the library system and for Friends of the Library
- Book Sales – assist with sorting and displaying books and other merchandise during quarterly book sales; assist with weekly restocking of the Book Nook at HQ branch
- Scrapbook Committee – maintain records of events and programs through clippings, articles and pictures
Our quarterly Used Book Sale is our primary fund-raiser. We offer a wide selection of gently used hardbacks, paperbacks, textbooks, magazines and audio books at an extremely discounted price. Sales begin on Friday at 2 pm and continue through the week-end during normal library hours. Sales are cash only.
- April 24 – 26
- July 24-25
- October 23 – 25
A limited selection of books for sale can be found during normal library hours in the foyer of the Headquarters branch at 865 Battle Creek Road in Jonesboro. The success of this fund raiser depends on the generosity of those who donate books, magazines and audio books to include in our sales. You may drop off donations at the circulation desk of any of the six branch locations or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for one of our members to meet you at the library to accept your donation.
OPEN HOUSE PROGRAMS
In addition to sponsoring programs for the library, we also hold quarterly programs for members and non-members. In addition to entertaining programs, these sessions provide an opportunity for you to enjoy a chance to meet members of the Friends and find out more about the great things we do.
President: Brenda Rayburn
Vice President: Lurie Ellis
Secretary: Linda Kirchner
Treasurer: Carol Oswalt
Membership: Lee Philmon
Friends of the Library is a 501 (c) 3 organization and all contributions to the Friends of the Library are tax deductible.