To contribute to the success of the citizens of our diverse community by offering a full range of library services that meet their informational, educational and leisure interests, fostering the love of reading in our youth and the lifelong pursuit of knowledge for all.
The Clayton County Library System (CCLS) has six branches:
Quick Facts (2013)
- Book/Serial Volumes – 501,321
- Audio Physical Units – 6,438
- Audio Downloads – 251
- Video Physical Units – 2,137
- Print Subscriptions – 337
- Electronic Books – 1,118
- Databases – 20
- Public Service Hours per Year – 21,543
- Library Visits – 668,123
- Reference Transactions – 613,132
- Total Circulation – 513,222
- Circulation of Children’s Materials – 247,018
- Provided To – 33,978
- Received From – 20,520
- Total Library Programs – 2,992
- Children’s Programs – 1,781
- Young Adult Programs – 118
- Total Program Attendance – 83,559
- Children’s Program Attendance – 54,994
- Young Adult Program Attendance – 5,436
- Number of Internet Terminals Used by General Public – 314
- Annual Number of User Sessions of Electronic Resources – 356,071
- Number of Wireless Connections to Library WiFi – 53,265
We participate in PINES, a public library network of 281 libraries in 140 counties throughout Georgia. PINES creates a statewide “borderless library” that provides equal access to information for all Georgians. Georgians with a PINES library card have access to materials beyond what is available on their local library’s shelves and enjoy a shared collection of 8 million books that are delivered to their local library free of charge.
Research Databases and Other Online Services
The Clayton County Library System is a member of GALILEO, Georgia’s ‘virtual library’ which facilitates online access to over 100 databases (including magazine articles and online books) for researchers and students on a wide variety of topics.
We also provide access to several online services such as:
- Foundation Grants To Individuals,
- Gale Virtual Reference Library,
- Chilton Auto Manuals,
- Sesame Street Online Books and more.
Learn more about these Electronic Resources.
- CCLS offers public computers and free wireless Internet access at all branches.
- CCLS offers free classes, performances, activities, and events for all ages are available at all branches throughout the year.
- Meeting rooms are available for certain types of public use.
- CCLS provides voter registration forms and tax forms (during tax season; limited supply) at all branches.
- CCLS’s photocopy machines have the ability to scan documents in color or black/white and send to an email address at no charge.